The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us, our Services, and the requirements of applicable law. We collect information that you provide to us, information we obtain automatically when you use our Services, and information from other sources such as third-party services and organizations, as described below.
A. Information You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- Account Creation. You can access some of our Services without creating a Game Account. However, to save your progress and use the full functionality of our Services, you will need an account.
- Game Account: To set up a Game Account, we may require your email address, username, and password. You have the option to save your credentials via a cookie to expedite future logins. Certain aspects of your Game Account may be visible to the public, including your username, items obtained during gameplay, your avatar’s appearance, when you were last online, and achievements and gameplay statistics (your “Player Profile””).
- Purchases. If you buy Virtual Goods from us (as defined in our User Agreement), we may also collect personal information and details associated with your purchases, including payment information. Any payments made via our Services are processed by third-party payment processors. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our Services, but we may receive information associated with your payment card information (e.g., your billing details).
- Information to Combat Abuse. We may collect personal information such as your name, username, and email address when you file a ticket or otherwise report inappropriate behavior by another user, as defined by our User Agreement. We will also collect the contents of your report, which may contain other personal information.
- Your Communications with Us. We may collect personal information, such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our Services, register for our newsletter or loyalty program, request customer or technical support, apply for a job, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Surveys. We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information which may include personal information.
- Interactive Features. We and others who use our Services may collect personal information that you submit or make available through our interactive features (e.g., messaging and chat features, social functionalities such as clan names and descriptions, commenting functionalities, live audio, forums, blogs, and social media pages on Twitter and Discord). Faraway also may collect, use, store, transmit and publicly display statistical data regarding your game play (e.g., scores, rankings, and achievements). Any information you provide using the public sharing features of the Services (referred to herein as “User Content&rdquot;) will be considered “public,” unless otherwise required by applicable law, and is not subject to the privacy protections referenced herein. Please exercise caution before revealing any information that may identify you in the real world to other users.
- Tournaments, Sweepstakes, or Contests. We may collect personal information you provide for any sweepstakes or contests that we offer. In some jurisdictions, we are required to publicly share information of sweepstakes and contest winners.
- Conferences, Trade Shows, and Other Events. We may collect personal information from individuals when we attend or host conferences, trade shows, and other events.
- Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
- Job Applications. We may post job openings and opportunities on our Services. If you reply to one of these postings by submitting your application, CV and/or cover letter to us, we will collect and use this information to assess your qualifications.
B. Information Collected Automatically
We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Services:
C. Information Collected from Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Services through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made available via your privacy settings.
Referrals and Sharing Features. Our Services may offer various tools and functionalities that allow you to provide information about your friends through our referral service; third parties may also use these services to upload information about you. In addition, we may collect information that other people provide about you when they use our Services, including information about you when they tag you. Our referral services may also allow you to forward or share certain content with a friend or colleague, such as an email inviting your friend to use our Services. Please only share with us contact information of people with whom you have a relationship (e.g., relative, friend, neighbor, or co-worker).